Tablet Coating Machine
If you want to mask the taste,odor and color of your drug,or if you want to provide physical and chemical protection for your drugs,a tablet coating machine is a good choice for you.A tablet coating machine is a mechcnical device that apply an essentially dry, thin layer of coating material to the surface of tablet dosage forms in order to confer specific benefits over uncoated variety. It is an equipment that coats the outer surface of tablet with a thin layer of coating material.Tablet coating machine has been widely used for coating various tablets, pills and sweets with organic film, water-soluble film and sugar film etc. In such fields as of pharmaceutical, food and biological products etc. And it has such characteristics as good appearance in design, high efficiency, low energy consumption and small floor area, etc.
Showing all 9 results
WHAT IS THE MAIN FUNCTION OF TABLET COATING MACHINE?
The main function of tablet coating machine is to:
- To mask the taste, odor, and color of the drug.
- To provide physical and chemical protection for the drug.
- To prevent decomposition of drugs sensitive to air (oxygen), light, or humidity.
- To minimize the unpleasant taste of certain drugs that may come during partial dissolution of the drug in buccal fluids during absorption.
- To improve swallowability and palatability by increasing surface smoothness in the mouth.
- To provide visual appeal and consistency, smooth surface texture, and uniform distribution of color.
- To serve as anticounterfeiting medium by incorporating tracer compounds in the coating material.
- To allow containment of highly potent compounds in the core of the tablet and, thus, avoid exposure to personnel handling of the tablets an essentially dry, outer layer of coating material is applied to the surface of a dosage form in order to confer specific benefits over uncoated variety.
WHAT IS THE WORKING PRINCIPLE OF TABLET COATING MACHINE?
The tablets make complicated and constant track movement with easy and smooth turn frequent exchanging in a clean and closed drum of the film coating machine. The coating mixed round in the mixing drum are sprayed on tablets through the spray gun at the inlet unaction of the peristaltic pump. Meanwhile under the action of air exhaust and negative pressure 100,000 clean hot air supplied by the air exhaust cabinet is exhausted from the fan at the sieve meshes through tablets. So these coating mediums on the surface of tablets get dry forming a coat of firm, fine and smooth film. The whole process is finished under the control of PLC.
HOW WILL YOU DESCRIBE THE TABLET COATING MACHINE
During the film coating process in the major machine, it shows such features dust fly off, no syrup splash, operation condition improvement, little cross contamination to tablets, simple coating process, coating time shortening as well as high production efficiency etc.
There adopted a new & mini-type computer and a touch screen on which temperature and negative pressure control system are displayed with such functions programmability, automatic adjusting such a majority of process parameters flow, negative pressure, intake, exhaust, temperature, rotational velocity the compile of SOP digitizing, making no difference between various batches products with the same technical parameter.
It adds data storage and printing functions with more than 14 program film coating, which are modified at any time in the run. The printing device finished as to the customers’ requirement so that the process parameters process flow of each batch of production can be accurately recorded and domestic advanced level. The users may write batch numbers and the codes products on their needs.
TYPES OF TABLET COATING MACHINE
The several types tablet coating machines currently available in the market are based on these three principle types.
1.standard coating pan
- Pellegrini pan
- Immersion sword system
- Immersion tube system
2.Perforated coating pan
- Hi-coater systems
- Glatt coater
3.Fluidized bed or air suspension coater
- High-pressure airless systems
- Low-pressure air atomized systems
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM VARIOUS TABLET COATING MACHINES
The advantages of tablet coating machines will be listed with respect to the three principal types
Standard coating pan
- Faster and more even distribution of coating solutions or suspensions can be achieved when atomizing system is used.
- Spraying can reduce the drying time between solution applications in sugar coating and allows for continuous application of solution in film coating.
- It is applicable for both sugar and film coating processes.
- A significant improvement in the drying efficiency of the standard coating can easily be achieved by an immersion sword system, use of a baffled pan and diffuser (pellegrini pan system), and immersion tube systems.
Perforated pan systems
- Perforated pans, by design, tend to be more efficient users of energy.
- The design of the coating machine increases the drying efficiency, which results in shorter coating times.
- Several airflow configurations are possible in Glatt coater.
- It can be used for both sugar and film coating processes.
Fluidized or air suspension systems
- The ability of air suspension coaters to simultaneously to suspend and coat tablets leads to high coating efficiency.
- It offers an alternative to pan coating and is particularly popular for coating multiparticulate systems.
- The two spray-atomization systems (high-pressure airless systems and low-pressure air atomized systems) result in finely divided spray leading to uniform thin films.